DFW

DFW

On the Plane

On the Plane

Friday, July 15, 2011

Alcaraz, Spain


Today we went on a day Trip to Acala Spain. This is another city close to Madrid. I like when we have planned field trips. I learn so much from the tour guide. Today our tour guide was our teacher Iara. I was so happy that she came along for the trip. She is so sweet and like I've mentioned before really good at explaining things. Rosa and I rode at the front of the bus today because everyone already knows we both get car sick. When we arrived we all split up went to eat lunch. Claudia, Anna, Rosa and Iara joined me for lunch. We had a big lunch and were all so full. After lunch we joined the rest of the group to start our tour of Acala. When we started to walk we saw many storks. I have never seen one before and it was amazing to me how big their nests were. Iara gave us a tour of the Cathedral and told us stories of the legends that people in the town believe. We walked throughout the town and saw a lot of neat buildings. One of the universities we saw had a courtyard with a well. Ledgend has it that if you put your hand in the mouth of the lion and he doesn't bite back then you have been truthful to your partner. I did this to show I have been honest with Ralphy. :) The lion didn't bit back. YES! The whole group sat down at a patio and had a drink before moving forward with our tour. Anna saw a embroidering shop across the way and bought some really nice things for her daughters. I liked it so much that went in after her and bought more then I thought I would. On our way back to Madrid, Rosa and I had a long talk about our friends back home. We also talked about each other's personalities. We had some good laughs on our way back. I really like that I have had an opportunity to share some one on one time with Rosa, Claudia, Anna and Monica. They are all different and special in their own ways. I like the combination of all their personalities. Makes for an interesting time in Europe. :)


My UTA professor Dr. Rosado and me.



Proving my loyalty to Ralph







Tapas and Drinks

Christian neighborhood

Jewish neighborhood

Oh Anna!



Been in business since 1483

Hopefully one day these storks will deliver my baby to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment