DFW

DFW

On the Plane

On the Plane

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Toledo, Spain

In class today we had a dictation test. Don't think I did to well because writing in Spanish is not my best work.  I feel really bad for the teacher because she was going to grade all the paper tonight. She has a lot of work to correct on mine thats for sure. Today we also had a day trip to Toledo, Spain after class. I rode in the front of the bus this time and took my prescription for car sickness. I knocked out the whole ride to Toledo. We arrived to a great spot of Toledo. Took pictures of the nice view of the whole town. We then had lunch at a restaurant. We had an hour lunch which was the shortest lunch we ever had in Europe. We had our waitress working extra hard because we kept asking her for the next part of our meal. Afterwards we went to the Cathedral in town. It was so glamorous because of the high ceilings gold statues, and historical artifacts of past bishops and priest. We also went to a synagog. It was my first time visiting one and I really liked that it was also a museum with lots of traditional jewish artifacts. I had an ice cream with Anna then headed back to our bus for our ride home. I feel back to sleep and I was well rested when we got back to Madrid. I felt like I had a second wind when we arrived so My professors invited us to have sangria with them afterwards. Anna, Adam, Dora and I accepted the offer. We had a good time just talking and talking to them about our experience in Madrid. Then, Anna and I walked home for dinner. Tania and Francesca made TACOS today. Yay! We were so excited to have some Mexican food tonight. Everything tasted really good. I think its been a while since I've had anything spicy so the charro beans were really hot to me. Tonight the cafe downstairs is closed and the wind night is really cool. I hope to get a really good night rest. I haven't been using my Ipod the last two night here Madrid. So I guess I'm getting use to it here.











5 comments:

  1. We just looked at all the photos...BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to hear all the details. Take Care, The Popeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the test was so hard! I didn't do very well, but I am getting better. You are improving as well. I think we will have to read and write more when we get back home. I'm so glad you joined the program and came to Spain with us. It has been so much fun. Italy will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures! I'm going to have to cut and paste some of them. I'm so glad we are here, all together in the same house. You guys are the best roomates.

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Popek Family for following along.

    Rosa I am very happy I met all of you this past year. It turned out great for me and my husband. Love spending time with you girls too. Glad I didn't take this journey alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claudia I am your adopted roommate. I spend most of my time in Anna's and your room. Thank you for ALWAYS being so sweet and helping me get through this course. Please start reading my sentences all the way through before you correct them. They will sound much better that way. :)Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete