DFW

DFW

On the Plane

On the Plane

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First Day of School













Today was the beginning of my Spanish classes here in Madrid. We woke up at 7am and got ready for school. We walked 10min to our school and arrived on time at 8am. We took an exam to figure out our level of Spanish. There was a multiple choice part, a writing part and also an oral exam. The multiple choice seemed easy for me but the writing was difficult. Then came the individual oral exam. The lady asked me a couple of questions in Spanish. One of the questions was what do you do on a normal day back home. I said in Spanish "How about I tell you about what I did last week with my husband in Paris". She laughed because she didn't expect me to say that. After the exam she gave me my level in Spanish. She wrote down that I was going into the Mastery level Spanish classes. I was like "what"! I could not believe I had scored so high. I told my friends that I hope I would be able to catch up with the rest of them that speak Spanish really well. They told me to have confidence because I really do know more then I think I do.
After the test we all went out for another 5 mile walk around Madrid. It was nice to here about the history. Afterwords we had lunch then we went back to class. It was a very long day in school. I was there from 8am-8pm. I was ready to get back to the apartment.
We got back to the apartment and I was able to catch up with Ralph on his flight back home. They lost his luggage and customs did not let him bring back a snow globe we got in Paris. It was a very frustrating flight and day for Ralph.
Night two of sleeping here was just hard as night one. I still used my ipod to go to bed. The good thing is that as the night goes on it gets very chilly.

Cristina Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment