DFW

DFW

On the Plane

On the Plane

Monday, July 11, 2011

Porto, Portugal Part 1

I have not had an opportunity to write on my blog these past couple of days because I have been so busy. I have class in the mornings then sightseeing in the afternoons after words it dinner and homework. The time really seems to fly by sometimes. Last Thursday Monica and I decided to skip out on the sight seeing. We were so tired and wanted to be well rested before our trip to Portugal. We sat outside a café/restaurant near my apartment. (actually its just downstairs of my apartment.) We had a great time just relaxing and drinking some sangria outside the café. Friday morning we all packed our bags and walked to class with our luggage in hand. After school we took the metro to the metro. Taking the metro beats riding a $40 taxi cab. We made on time to the airport and had lunch at the same restaurant Ralph and I ate at before leaving to Paris. I had my doubts about Ryanair because of all the drama earlier in the week. To my surprise we boarded the plane on time. YAY! Portugal here we come. NOT! When everyone was ready to go the airport had restrictions and no one could fly out for the next 2 hours. OMG! We were stuck on a parked plane for two hours before we fly out to Porto. Ryanair never fails to disappoint. We finally arrived to Porto, Portugal. This city is beautiful. We were all in awe by its beauty and history. We arrived to our hotel and it was phenomenal. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. The whole city was fluent in Portuguese and English. The hotel recommended a great restaurant and made reservations for us. We walked over to this wonderful authentic Portuguese restaurant. I had menu 1 which included, squid, shrimp, ham, spinach, potatoes, dessert, house wine, espresso, and bread and butter. Everything was delicious. It was a pleasant end to our day. Forecast said it would be nice the following day. We woke up early and headed off to the tour bus. While on the bus it started to drizzle. We  got off at the beach to take pictures. While at the beach it started to rain. We had a great time taking pictures by the shore. The ocean almost swallowed up my sandal because I wanted to get my feet wet and my sandal slip off. By the time the next tour bus picked us up we were drenched. We rode the tour bus for a little while longer then stopped at the boat rides. We waited for the next boat ride and took more photos at the phone booth. We walked over to a shop and all bought umbrellas because the rain did not stop. Thirty minutes after buying our umbrellas it never rained again. We walked around the city the rest of the day with umbrellas at our side.
















1 comment:

  1. Uhhh, waiting for Ryanair is terrible! I still can't believe we heard the "good tune" announcing to everyone that we had made it on time, on our way home. I hope we make it to our train in Italy!

    ReplyDelete