DFW

DFW

On the Plane

On the Plane

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Home Sick

Ralph dropped me off early Sunday, morning to my friends and host family for the next 2 1/2 weeks. He took a cab ride back to the airport and headed back home. When I got to my apartment everyone was still asleep. I decided to go to bed because I was still very tired from the night before and we had only 4 hours of sleep.
It was hard to sleep with no a/c and a lot of noise coming from outside. So I put on my headphones and listened to my ipod to fall asleep. This helped me go to sleep for a while but kept thinking of Ralph and everyone back home. Really want to back home where everything is a lot cheaper and there is a/c at home and I miss my soft bed. I have also had an urge for a taco. They don't serve any Mexican food here and they do not have any type of tortillas.
The great thing about my host family is that she has wifi. So I am to be on line after classes. The lady that I live with was born i nBrazil but now lives in Madrid. Her name is Tania and she is 48 years old. She is very sweet and does not look 48 at all.
I also love that Im rooming with 3 other girls. Two of the girls Anna and Claudia are friends from UTA. Im in their room most of the time. Im glad Im with people a I know and like. Also I'm happy to have a good host while I'm here in Madrid.
After everyone woke up they all decided to go out and explore more of Madrid. I decided to stay home. I was tired but most of all sad that Ralph was gone. I also had a chance to messaged back and forth with my buddy Sarah and Ralph on Facebook.
The girls came back after a few hours and then we all sat down for my first dinner with everyone. Dinner is served here in Spain at 9pm. I think is so late but it very common here to eat at that time. Dinner was delicious, Tania is a great cook.  As part of the program Tania makes breakfast and dinner for us each night.
It was finally time to go to sleep. Well, I tossed and turned for a few hours and finally went to bed with my ipod. I have decided that this will be the only way I will be able to sleep. Lets hope it gets better.

Cristina Ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment