DFW

DFW

On the Plane

On the Plane

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday June 11

Today we went to class, I was so proud of myself that I was able to read an entire Spanish article and comprehend what was written. I really feel that my Spanish is improving. After class we went out to lunch at a restaurant Rocio and Adrianna recommend. These are two other girls in our class. Afterwards we all walk   ed back to our apartment. Rocio borrowed my computer to do some homework while I took a quick nap. When she was all done my roommates and I went to the Parque de Retiro. This was now my 3rd time going. I went because my roommate Anna had not been and she really wanted to ride the boats. We arrived at the park and it was HOT! We had a great time on the boats then Anna and I enjoyed a cold sangria underneath some shade at the park. When we were done we started to walk towards the museum of Reyna Sophia. I was laughing when we arrived because it was right in front of the hotel Ralph and I stayed at our first few night in Madrid. Ralph and I walked by there almost every night and had no clue that it was a famous museum. I saw a lot of great art work from Pablo Picasso. His most famous art work was also there. No one is allowed to take photos of it but I couldn’t believe how huge it was. It took up a whole side of a wall at the museum. We also saw art work from Salvador Dali. Really cool stuff. Had a great time afterwards just sitting in the garden area with Claudia and Anna chatting about how much we miss home and our husbands. We rushed back home in time for dinner then I stayed up late like 2am talking to Ralph on Skype. Miss home but making the most of the time left here in Spain. Cant wait to head out to Italy this weekend.

Cristina Ibarra




Guernica.jpg






1 comment:

  1. That Art work looks Awesome!! I wish I was there to see it with you.

    ReplyDelete