DFW

DFW

On the Plane

On the Plane

Monday, July 18, 2011

OMG Really!

Today was our last day of school in Madrid. Our teacher Iara invited us to a very famous restaurant know for their churros and chocolate. I wasn’t too hungry because Claudia and I forgot about the invitation and ate toast at home. On our walk to the restaurant Iara was a tour guide (because its in her nature) again and told us stories about famous monuments in Madrid. When we arrived at the restaurant she wanted to know how many churros we wanted. We all said one churro please. She looked at us weird and said “only one churro?” She said they were so good and we will want more then one. She was right we all ate two or three churros. It was so good with powder sugar. They tasted nothing like the ones back home. Also the chocolate was actual melted chocolate. I have no clue how people can drink that stuff, its pure chocolate.
            After breakfast we went back to school for our second class. Our teacher Fernando gave us a questioner full of interesting questions. We had fun discussing our favorite artist, heroes, composers, personalities and other similar topics. The time in class went by really fast. Soon it was time for us to walk to the metro to get to the airport. Since we are pros on the metro we arrived to the airport on time. When I got up to the ticket counter the lady looked at me weird when I turned in my boarding pass. She asked me who Monica was? I said that's my friend back there why? She said why do you have her boarding pass. I printed off the wrong boarding pass this morning and now needed to ask Ryanair the print my ticket. Ryanair is the “low cost fair” but charges you for everything else. They charge 40euros to print off your boarding pass. I did not want to pay 40euros for a dumb mistake or boarding pass. So I ran throughout terminal 1 of Barajas airport asking everyone for help printing off my boarding pass that I had on my zip drive. No one wanted to help me. I finally found a machine that made copies but then found out the machine was out of order. So another 5 euros were down the drain. I was so upset after trying for one hour that I finally gave up. My friends all chipped in 10euros and helped me pay for my boarding pass.
            We finally arrived to our gate and boarded the plane. I took a prescription my doctor gave me for nausea and knocked out for the flight. When I woke up we were still on the runway. We left 30min late but that's how things usually go for Ryanair.
We landed in Bologna, Italy 10 minutes late but Ryan still said they arrived on time, whatever. Then we rushed to the bus stop. The bus was taking us to the train station to get to Florence. When we finally arrived to the train station we only had 5 minutes to find our train before it departed. We were so confused and had no clue where to go because all the trains had the final destination highlighted on the board. Florence was not a final destination so we just guessed and ran again with bags in hand to the train we thought was ours.
            We made in our seats before the train departed only to find out that we had an undetermined delay. In the meantime I decided to do some homework. This 30-minute ride now turned into a 2 ½ hour ride. We later heard that some people were protesting on out on the tracks and that's why we were delayed.  We arrived in Florence at 10pm. The only luck we had so far was that our hotel was a 5 min walk from the train station. Yay no taxi for us!
We settled in to our hotel and then went down stairs to the nearest restaurant. We had a great dinner and then got the bill. We did not know that Italy has a cover charge for restaurants. Wow! These things just seem to happen to us. So we paid and then headed back to our hotel. We now know to ask every restaurant if they have a cover charge before going in to eat.  







No comments:

Post a Comment